Hard Water Damages appliances and causes washing machines to struggle to clean clothing.
- Destroys plumbing for your home or business
- Damages appliances such as washing machines
- Showering is difficult as hard water leaves a film on your body
- Extra work to keep sinks, tubs, showers, and toilets free of scale
Hard water occurs when there is a high level of dissolved calcium and magnesium in the water. As the water evaporates or when it is standing, such as in a hot water heater, the minerals settle out and adhere to their surrounding. That process is how hard water begins to damage appliances and plumbing.
The Traditional Hard Water Treatment
The way to traditionally treat hard water is with a water softening filter. The filter uses resin to trap the calcium and magnesium and replaces it with sodium ions.
Some hard water filters cause a long delay when they filter water. You are stuck with a tank of softened water and then must wait for the tank to refill before you have more softened water. That setup is not very practical for:
Alaska Water Conditioning Inc. uses a Twin Tank Alaskan Turbo-Clean System, which provides your home or business with soft water 24-hours per day, every single day without the tank recharge delay. We have solved many of the issues that a hard water filtration system can have.
Twin Tank Alaskan Turbo-Clean System
Solving Alaskan Hard Water Problems
- No Delay Refill: Thanks to the twin tanks, this reverse osmosis system provides soft water on demand. There is no longer the need to wait for the tanks to refill and the water purification process to take place. The twin tank approach removes the delay and provides on-demand soft water when you need it.
- No downtime for regeneration: The process of creating soft water is fast and efficient. The hard water minerals – calcium and magnesium – are removed quickly, so you end up with water that will not cause bathtub rings, laundry to look soiled, and scale to form in plumbing or appliances. The soft water system protects your home or business’ plumbing.
- Efficient Filtration: The Twin Tank Alaskan Turbo-Clean System offers an efficient regeneration system that supplies soft water quickly while keeping the internal parts and the resin cleaner so they last longer. The system uses resin as a filter to remove the calcium and magnesium from hard water. The results are filters that last long, cleaner water, and a more efficient filtration method.
- Low Cost: The Twin Tank Alaskan Turbo-Clean System saves money by being a low-maintenance approach to solving hard water problems. You save money by using less salt, less water, and the resin filters last longer. A soft water filtration system is only as good as the filters inside it.
Does Your Home Need a Soft Water System
Hard water causes problems in homes. The general rule for going with a water softener is: If the water test is greater than 7 grains per gallon or 120 mg/L, a water softener is recommended.
Hard water issues include:
Hard water causes problems in homes. The general rule for going with a water softener is: if the water test is greater than 7 grains per gallon or 120 mg/L, a water softener is recommended. Hard water issues include:
- Damage to appliances, such as hot water heaters. If you do not want to replace your water appliances sooner and you want to extend their lifecycle, a soft water filtration system is needed.
- Damage to home plumbing – sedimentation of pipes can cause restricted water flow and clogs. A soft water system removes these issues and keeps household plumbing free of hard water buildup.
- Skin Irritation: The minerals that cause hard water also can irritate your skin and scalp. Soft water is soothing to your skin.
- Clean, Fresh Water: Hard water can smell and taste sour. If you want clean, fresh water for cooking and drinking, remove the hardness with a water softener filtration system.
If you are tired of the struggle to obtain clean water for cooking, drinking, laundry, bathing, and cleaning, then turn to your exceptional experts at Alaska Water Conditioning Inc.
Alaska Water Conditioning Inc sells and installs quality water softeners. We are your complete maintenance and installation company for water softener systems, and in addition, we can teach you how to maintain your home or business’ soft water filter. With over 75 years of experience in solving hard, dirty water problems for Alaskan homes, we are your best resource for solving poor water quality issues. Learn more by calling us.